Thank you to Siobhan at I am a book drunkard for nominating me for the Unique Blogger Award! Without further ado, let me tell you about the tag.
- Share the link of the blogger who has shown love to you by nominating you
- Answer the questions
- In the spirit of sharing love and solidarity with our blogging family, nominate 8-13 people for the same award
- Ask them 3 questions
Here are my answers to Siobhan’s questions!
What is your favorite quote from a book you read this year?
Ooh, it’s so early in the year to choose a favourite quote! So far, it’s this quote from Becky Chambers’ A Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet:
“’Want and intelligence,’ the historian had written, ‘is a dangerous combination.’”
What book are you dying to have made into a movie/TV series? Why?
This is tough, because I’m always terrified that the movie will never live up to the book. I’d love to see The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss or The Witcher books by Andrzej Sapkowski made into a TV series. I could also see Rivers of London by Ben Aaronovitch making a fun fantasy/crime procedural.
What fictional character would you want as a best friend?
Easy: Lila Bard and Rhy Maresh from V. E. Schwab’s Shades of Magic series. Life would never be dull.
- I have so many books I’m looking forward to reading this year. What’s your most anticipated 2018 read?
- When I was younger, I was obsessed with Willow from Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and now that I’m older, I have even more admiration for her character. Are there any childhood favourite characters that you appreciate even more now that you’re older?
- My blog has changed so much since I started it. What was the topic of the first ever blog post you wrote?
My nominees (these are some of my favourite bloggers, so check out their blogs if you haven’t already):
Beth from The Books are Everywhere
Silvia from Silvia Reads Books
Irena from Books and Hot Tea
Kiersten from Once Upon a Spine
Lashaan and Trang at Bookidote
Bentley at Book Bastion
Apologies if you’ve already done this tag!