For myself and a lot of other students, it’s now the end of exam season (and if not, it’s almost the end – just keep going!). It’s been a stressful few weeks while I’ve been sitting my end-of-year exams, and now that they’re over, it feels almost strange not having anything to revise. For the moment, my post-exams plans consist of taking a week off to lounge around the house, read lots of books, write more blogs, and hopefully make some progress on some fiction I’ve been writing, which has fallen completely by the wayside while I’ve been studying.
For me, it’s not quite the end of the university year, since I have a summer project to work on for the next three months, but I should definitely have a little more time on my hands for writing. Hopefully, that means more blogs!
Congratulations to anyone else who has reached the end of their exams, and I hope you’re taking a well-earned break. And if you still have exams left to sit, then I feel your pain, and it won’t be long until you can take some time off.
What else have I been up to lately?
- I just finished Mara Wilson’s Where Am I Now? which is a collection of autobiographical essays about life as a child actress, writing and relationships. This was a very quick read, and I really appreciate the writing style.
- I’m currently reading Neil Gaiman’s American Gods, which I am really enjoying so far. It’s also one of those books that looks pretty hefty, but I’m actually racing through it.
- I spent most of Wednesday binge-watching Love on Netflix, which is a romantic comedy series created by Judd Apatow. It’s such an easy-to-watch TV show, with characters that are flawed and complex (and sometimes very annoying).
- I’ve also spent a lot of time catching up with some Vlogbrothers videos on YouTube. I will never not love John and Hank Green.
- I’m now nearing the end of The Witcher 3’s Hearts of Stone DLC. The characters and storylines in this expansion are great, and now that I have a little more time on my hands, I can finally finish it.
I’ve Been Buying…
- I haven’t really bought anything lately, since I’ve been busy with exams, but I did treat myself to two books in the last fortnight:
- Smoke by Dan Vyleta
- American Gods by Neil Gaiman
This piece of Critical Role fan-art is my current phone background, and I just love it so much. It’s by Aleksis Agustin (@thealeksdemon on Twitter) so you should definitely check out her other art. It’s amazing.
I’ve also been enjoying…
- Original Patty Men in Birmingham (UK). I had the most amazing burger at this tucked-away restaurant last week. Just look at the pictures on their website. *drools*
- This SciShow Talk Show video is fascinating. It explains statistical paradoxes, and how you can get two totally different conclusions from the same data set, and reveals some strange facts about tortoise reproduction.
- Wonder Woman press. I’m hearing such great things and it’s getting me really excited. Also, how cool is Gal Gadot in this video?
Let me know what books, TV series, video games, music etc. you’ve been enjoying lately!