Thank you to Irena at Books and Hot Tea for tagging me in The Sunshine Blogger Award! Irena’s blog is one of my favourites, so if you love books (and of course, hot tea), you should definitely check it out.
To begin with, here are the rules of the tag:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions set by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and then write 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger award logo in a post/on your site
1. What are you currently reading? Are you enjoying it?
I’ve just started reading A Conjuring of Light by V.E. Schwab. I’m only 100 pages in, but I’ve been completely glued to it so far. I loved the first two books in the Shades of Magic series, so I’m really excited to see what happens in this final instalment.
2. If you had a theme song, which song would it be?
Probably The Geeks Will Inherit the Earth by I Fight Dragons. In terms of the theme, it’s perfect.
3. What is the last movie you’ve seen? Would you recommend it?
The last movie I went to see was Hidden Figures and it was amazing in so many unexpected ways. This film was perfect, so I would absolutely recommend it. You can read my review here.
4. Besides reading, what are some of your other passions?
- Technology – I’m always amazed at the things we can create and achieve with technology
- Video games – Even though I haven’t had much time to play recently, my ideal Friday night consists of playing video games, before, of course, settling down with a book
- TV – I get very attached to certain TV series (Hannibal, Homeland, Game of Thrones, Westworld to name only a few)
5. What fictional world would you like to visit?
There are so many worlds I would love to visit. Robin Hobb’s Realm of the Elderlings is one of them, but the one that excites me the most is V. E. Schwabb’s Red London.
6. Now, let’s get back to real life – what is the place in real world you want to visit most?
I don’t really know about this one, since I’m quite a homebody. I would love to go to a convention in America, so to go to San Diego or New York Comic Con would be incredible.
7. What’s your favourite mythological creature?
If you’ve been reading my blog posts for a while, you might already know the answer to this one. Of course my favourite mythological creatures are dragons.
8. Which is the last book, film or series that made you cry (or really sad)?
This is tough, because even though I’m quite often moved by a good book, film or TV series, I rarely cry. I definitely felt emotional watching Hidden Figures, and I’ve just finished reading History Is All You Left Me by Adam Silvera, which was really moving.
9. Do you have a favourite superhero? Who is it?
This is tough! I would say Hiro Nakamura from Heroes. I would also say Black Widow, as she’s a very interesting and complex character (more so in the comic books than in films). Spider Gwen is pretty great too.
10. What superpowers would you like to have?
I would love to be able to fly, or turn invisible. But most of all, I think I’d like to be able to stop time. Just imagine all the books I could read. Then again, I’m not sure how often I would use this power, because I’d feel like I was cheating at life.
11. Share one of your favourite quotes!
“Stay afraid, but do it anyway. What’s important is the action. You don’t have to wait to be confident. Just do it and eventually the confidence will follow.”
– Carrie Fisher
- Are you hooked on any particular TV show at the moment? What is it?
- What was the last book you read? How did you find it?
- Battle of the entertainment mediums! Which is your favourite – books, TV, films, comic books, video games, tabletop games etc.?
- Is there any fictional character you have always wanted to be? Who?
- Science or technology?
- Have you ever read a book that you felt was written just for you? What was it?
- If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would you choose?
- Can an adaptation ever be better than the original?
- Who is the most famous person you’ve met?
- What’s your favourite season?
- (I’m going to steal Irena’s question) Share one of your favourite quotes!
And the bloggers I’m nominating to answer them:
Beth at Reading Every Night
Kat at Life and Other Disasters
Shealea at That Bookshelf Bitch
Anthony at Today’s Perfect Moment
Cristina at My Tiny Obsessions
Silvia at Silvia Reads Books
Mei-Mei at Jedi By Knight
Lashaan and Trang at Bookidote
Sarah at Between The Pages
Sofia at The Reading Fangirl
Matthew at The Triple Option
And anyone else who likes the sound of my questions. Feel free to send me a link to your post in the comments!