Thank you to Hannah from The World is Quiet Here for tagging me in my second blogging tag! If you haven’t already, you should definitely check out Hannah’s blog, which not only has one of the best blog names, but some really great content, including book reviews, film reviews, quotes and stories! This tag was created by Okoto Enigma.
“Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.”
- Put the award logo/image on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link to their blog as well.
- Tell your readers three things about yourself.
- Answer questions of the nominator.
- Nominate 10-20 people.
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question.
- Share your link to your best post(s).
So to start, here are 3 things you may or may not know about me:
- I’m currently studying for my Masters degree in Computer Science
- My current Dungeons and Dragons character is an awesome Goliath Cleric of Ilmater: strong, and deadly with a mace, but wouldn’t hesitate to put herself at risk to save a friend
- I used to co-host a geeky radio show at my university (and I miss it so much!)
Here are the questions Hannah asked me:
Name your favourite book of all time and describe it using only 2 words!
This was really tough, not least because it’s impossible to choose one favourite book – so I’m going to narrow it down by choosing the standalone novel which left the biggest impression on me. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
What’s the best snack to eat while reading?
It has to be a hot chocolate drink – with some digestive biscuits to dip.
Do you have any quirky reading habits?
I’m not sure I have any “quirky” reading habits. Maybe one of my less common habits is that I love going to a coffee shop with the sole intention of reading for hours. I like to read in different settings. I also like to fold down the corners of pages in books when I find a really great quote – I know that some people won’t approve, but I love being able to go back and re-read my favourite parts (even if it means my favourites become dog-eared).
If you could be in any genre of book, what would it be?
It has to be fantasy, preferably somewhere with dragons and magic.
Fun bonus! What animal would your favourite book character be?
My favourite character is without a doubt Althea Vestrit from Robin Hobb’s Liveship Traders. Althea is headstrong, determined, and courageous: she would have to be one of nature’s fiercest creatures, perhaps a lion.
Qui at Qui Reads
Nick at Deconstructing Video Games
Silvia at Silvia Reads Books
Ellen at Conquering the Gaming Backlog
Drew at The Tattooed Book Geek
And anyone else who hasn’t been tagged, but wishes to take part!
And my questions:
- What made you get into blogging?
- If you could live in the setting (real or fictional) of any book, where would it be?
- Which Game of Thrones house would you be a part of (it doesn’t have to be one of the main houses!)?
- If you could invite any living person in the world for a coffee, who would it be?
- Fun bonus: you’ve been transported into a futuristic sci-fi world filled with all kinds of exciting technology, including cyborgs, androids and hovercrafts: what kind of gadget are you most excited to get your hands on?
Finally, here is a sample of my blog posts: